Tuesday, October 30, 2007

In the Land of Eternal Headaches...

Again with this bloody headache! I don't know what to do for it. Every day I dose it up with as much stuff as I can take and it might sometimes think about easing off for a few hours but it never stays gone. It's like a tension migraine: the too tight scalp combined with the sledge-hammer throb in the right temple. I've been chewing on promezathine like candy to keep from vomiting and it mostly works - mostly. I'm so tired of the constant pain though. I am to the point where I can barely function through them. I had all the best intentions of shutting off processing and just doing what needs to be done and while I have partly succeeded, I have not done so with areas that matter. I have shut out the poor-me and turned off the don't-think-about-this-because-it-hurts parts but I can't get past this headache and if I try to get up and do anything, I end up throwing up.

I remember there was a time when my head didn't hurt all the time but even though it hasn't been that long, I can't remember what it feels like to be headache free. I have called and made an appointment with the neurologist but the appointment isn't until November 12th (which is actually VERY quick for this guy!!) so what do I do in the meantime? I have hit it with everything in my arsenal and I am out of heavy-hitters, actually, I am out of all narcotic pain medication of any kind. WAH! I want to go to bed and stay there!!

(was going to include the lyrics to or a clip of the song Pain by Three Days Grace until I went back and listened again and it's more about preferring to feel pain than nothing at all - kind of the opposite of of what I'm looking for right now...)