Wednesday, October 3, 2007

What's Wrong with Being Happy?

So I had to pull some major strings and call in a couple favors to get to my drool therapy session but get there I did. And it was so totally cool! I cannot tell you how awesome it is to be able to look him in the eyes when I talk and say what I want and BE HAPPY! I told him all of it, almost. I told him about the obit and about Mom and about the cemetery and about the NOTHING and I told him I'm happy. I told him I had it all figured out. I told him that I know now that the whole thing - it was NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING! Obviously that means it never happened. Maybe certain memories got corrupted and I was reading more into them than was there because what was there is NOTHING. And that makes me so totally HAPPY!

But noooo, the shrink freaked out. He doesn't believe me. He thinks I was acting strange just because I prefer to sit on the floor and looked him in the eye and used my hands and talked fast and kept saying we instead of I. But he's like totally freaked over nothing. So what if I had trouble remembering the facts and dates and times of things? I can learn those. I can learn to know them off the top of my head.

I'm here! Why can't they let me just BE HAPPY?! I can play games with the kids and have fun with Craig and I am happy. I just want to be happy. I'm here and I'm staying! Everyone keeps saying they want me to be happy. I've spent years trying to get people to listen to me. Suffering and hurting and wanting to die and making everyone worry and hurt? And now I'm HAPPY like they wanted me to be and no is happy. I totally don't get it.

Just let me be happy! I can learn the rest and no one will be any the wiser. Just let me be happy!!