Monday, October 15, 2007

I'm Writing a Song

Why am I writing a song? I don't write songs. But I'm writing a song. I haven't gotten very far yet and what I have managed to get into the computer is NOT what is in my head, but in my head - I'm writing a song. Do you get it? 'Cause I don't.

Last week I sketched a picture. It's a pencil drawing and I can see very clearly in my head what it should look like. I can tell you exactly why each line is where it is and what each object or line or shading represents. But... I don't sketch. Yet I did. Do you get it? 'Cause I don't.

They are coming. Everyone is back except Jenn, the sheriff and the censors but I can feel they are about to come back. Even now they are edging in on my thoughts, at the peripherals of my inner vision. The nagging thoughts to stop talking, stop writing, stop singing, start acting right and that inevitable final thought: OR ELSE...

Look for them tomorrow, if that long from now. Maybe I'll be able to write again...