Thursday, August 23, 2007

Why?!

Oh, Pyro... why? You made your point, why did you attack? So sudden and fierce I couldn't fight you off. And you made me watch! Do you know how much trouble you may have caused?! Why? Why?! We begged. We argued. We tried to fight you back in but you had such vicious fervor. You took pleasure in burning so deep, so hard. Why? It didn't hurt, Pyro! You knew that when it was happening. Why didn't you stop?! What set you off? Where did that fierce hatred come from? I could feel you, so angry your very thoughts burned in my mind. I watched, helpless, as you cried out "deeper! deeper!" Why?! Oh, Pyro! I think you've gone too far. I heard the sizzle and watched the skin sink beneath the blade with a sickening hiss. I think you went too far. I think it's more than "Give it a week and it'll be fine..." It's black and brown, Pyro! Why?! I could feel your determination, your blind passion to press, to hurt, to go deeper and deeper but I don't understand why. Pyro, why....



Oh God, please! Help me to understand this hatred within myself. Help me to control it, to control myself. Help me move forward after this with minimal collateral damage. Please, God, I need you!