Thursday, August 23, 2007

Help from the Shrink...

Well, I expected the end of the world. Instead, I got a page full of helpful things to try. I m going to transcribe them just as he wrote them (only I'm going to fix the spelling and grammar mistakes, little errors that I must admit brought a tiny smile to the corners of my mouth. Another piece of the 3-D shrink puzzle... At any rate:

Dissociate
1. Pictures
2. Pleasant sensations
3. Fighting urge
4. Encouragement/Rhyme

Dreams
1. Detail Written Dream
2. Rewrite with Better Ending

Emotions
Negative Emotions Don't Destroy

Getting Unstuck from Emotions
1. Observe or Notice
2. Experience like a wave
3. Remember you're not your emotion
4. Learn to love all emotions


*----+-----*

"Don't give up... it's just the weight of the world"
(Josh Grobin, "You Are Loved (Don't Give Up)")

*this was the first song to play on my mp3 player as I left the shrink's office