Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"And I Feel No Pain"

It doesn't hurt. And I can't tell if it's healing. Pyro is sulking (if you can imagine that - LOL) because none of his intentions came to fruition.

If the body hurts, maybe the heart won't have to hurt as much. No deal - it doesn't hurt. And it had no effect on the pain in my heart.

Let the world know how awful I am: the burn is too high on my arm. No one has seen it, NO ONE.

Cause pain: you are evil, you deserve pain. Again, no pain so, I guess, no gain.

Warning to stay away from the bad talks: uh, yeah. The shrink was the first to know it happened and it generated, not dissipated, discussion.

Disobey Craig and see his reaction. Uh, yeah. Craig doesn't know. And I'm going to keep it that way for a very long time.

So, nothing worked out as intended. At least Pyro isn't pressing too hard for escalation. The topic has been brought up but immediately beaten down by the others. This is good. Pyro is contained, relatively speaking. I still have a very awkward burn on my arm. I still don't know if it's healing. But hiding it has proved easier than anticipated so maybe I'll slip by.

There's just one pesky thought that keeps popping up. It gets beaten back down but not until I start to wonder where it's coming from. I'm not talking about who said it, I mean WHY she said it and why the others are whispering it even as they squash it into submission.

Hurt so they know you're hurting. Hurt until they know it.

There, I said it. I now cast it out into cyberspace and away from myself so it can't hurt me or get me into trouble. Be gone, never to return!!

"I change my name to Novocaine... And I tell myself to feel no pain." ("Novocaine" by Guns and Roses)