Monday, August 13, 2007

Sink or Swim?

Neither. Float. The best way to survive quicksand is to not fight it and let yourself float. So float I will...

*waving white flag*

I give up. I surrender. I choose to lay down my arms and refuse to fight. I'm going to go with the path of least resistance. I won't fight this crap - whatever it is. "Let the dice fall where they may" - isn't that a cliche or quote or something?
I'm not going to fight against this anymore. And I'm not going to fight FOR it either.

Let the girls throw pictures at me. I'm not going to duck any more. But I don't have to look at what they are throwing. If Pyro is so determined to make a statement, fine. I don't have the energy to fight against it any more. The repercussions have been explained so if that's what Pyro has to do, come what may.

If everyone wants to scream inside my head about everything I should be doing and everything I'm doing wrong and everything I've done wrong in the past, fine. I'm not going to fight it any more. Maybe if the Voices yelling, "SHUT UP!!" would stop yelling, the others wouldn't try to yell over them. Escalation and all that. It's over. I won't fight any more.

I'm not going to fight the telling of my story to the shrink, but I'm not going to volunteer it. I won't fight against it, but I won't fight for it either. I'm not going to struggle against the flashbacks trying to escape them, but I don't have to take them with my eyes open.

DO YOU HEAR ME, GOD?! I QUIT! I QUIT! I QUIT! I QUIT!! It's your turn now. Time to "manifest my destiny" or let me go.

"I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean: like butter over too much bread. That can't be right. I need a change, or something." (Tolkien, LOTR: P1B1)