Friday, November 30, 2007

Where'd THAT Come From?

I just read my last post. I ought to read my posts more often. Where'd that last bit come from? I remember feeling so lost and alone and empty last night. And I remember thinking I couldn't even talk to anyone about how I felt because they would try to tell me why what I was feeling was wrong and that always makes me feel worse. I remember wondering what I would tell someone else if they said to me what I would say if I could say what I was feeling. And the rest is history...

So, the question begs... if I can talk myself through feeling like I did last night, why don't I do it all the time? And am I imagining things or does it actually sound as if two people are talking?

AAAAARG! If I can do it once, I should be able to do it every time. And yet today when I tried it, I couldn't get the positive objectivity of that countering Voice. I read through last night's post and it helped some but I couldn't duplicate it to pull myself out today.

One thing I noticed - some of the things that were in that conversation were things that no one else could possibly know to say to me. I have a feeling this is relevant to why I can't/won't talk to other people. I just need to find and make the connection...

"And it is also said," answered Frodo: "Go not to the elves for counsel for they will say both yes and no."
"Is it indeed?" laughed Gildor. "Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill."
(Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring)