Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Time for a Fun Break!

Okay, here is a meme. I don't normally do things like these but this caught my eye and I'm in the mood. I got it from Aqua who got it from HBW. Cheers to them both! Here's my take:

What kind of monster would you be? Vashta Nerada

Do you have a crush on a celebrity of the same sex and if so who? crush? no, not really. but i am trying to negotiate a long-term lease of my soul in exchange for angelina jolie's body. (not willing to SELL my soul, but a long-term lease would be a viable option... *evil grin*)

What do you collect--if anything? Books, specifically hardback classics, all Tolkien material and all Stephen King publications. I also "collect" headshots for my fiction-writing "gallery" of character images. I never use them publicly but when I am creating character profiles, I go through them looking for just the right image to fit my character. It's hard to find images of everyday people so if anyone has suggestions, I'm open to them ;-)

Do you have a favorite artist? (Painter. You can name more than one): okay, i confess, i am art history illiterate. my 6 year old son knows more about art history than i do. (literally! he was telling me about Van Gough and Starry Night!!) so i guess my favorite painters would be (hands down) - MY KIDS!

Do you have a habit and if so what? Yikes! Pick just one? Okay, I am most known for bouncing my leg rapidly or rocking back and forth - both when I am nervous or intimidated.

Overall, do you prefer the city or being near nature and the outdoors? City, preferably busy suburbs. I am allergic to direct exposure to nature and my idea of "roughing it" is a hotel without room service!

If you couldn't live in your current country then what country would be choose to live in? The UK somewhere. England, Scotland and Ireland all have a huge draw for me that I can't logically explain. I suspect it has to do with past lives. (*keeps a straight face*)

Would you like to be famous? NO WAY. NO HOW. NUH UH. NOT EVER EVER EVER!! People would LOOK at me! They would judge me and say things about me and scrutinize my behavior. I'd rather die. I am all about invisibility...

Are you punctual or always late? Late but with great guilt over it. I HATE being late. I would MUCH rather have to wait for someone than have them have to wait for me. And yet I always seem to be running late... *deep sigh*

Where do you find the most peace? That's tough as I don't do "peace" very well. Probably curled up on my end of the couch with a good movie on the television, a good book in my hand, good music on my computer and having a good conversation with a friend via IM.... after my family has gone to bed.

What three foreign languages would you like to learn most (you can choose one or two if you prefer)? French, Spanish and Latin.

Would you travel into space if you had the chance? Only if I can get "beamed up" - space would be cool but getting there is sooooo not my style!

Speaking of all these questions, what is the question that you hate the most? it's a tie. either: "But Mooooooooom! Why noooooooooot?!" (especially when accompanied by Kid-1's trademark "aahuuuggghhhh!") or: "What's wrong?" (especially when accompanied by the phrase "Talk to me.")

2 comments:

Aqua said...

Thanks for sharing that with us...but yikes, I'd hate to run into your monster personna;>)

The Silent Voices in my Mind said...

TEE HEE! I just love the idea of carnivorous darkness......