Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Okay, None of us could agree on which FIVE New Year's Resolutions to make so I wrote most of them down. I tried to limit myself to five per category but I went over a couple times anyway. So here they are, all 30 (yes, thirty) New Year's Resolutions for Calendar Year 2008. The categories are in no particular order and the line items in no particular order within their respective categories. For once, there's no need to read more into what I've written than what I've actually written! LOL

Writing Goals:
- complete first draft of a novel
- complete 4 short stories
- submit something for publication 6 times or ntil it gets published, whichever comes first
- keep prompts, discussions, submissions and critiques current and active from my end
- maintain healthy writing relationships with my peers
- write 15 minutes or more every single day
- HAVE FUN!!

Mental Health Goals:
- NO HOSPITAL. period. the end.
- learn to talk to shrink
- set an EARNEST long-term goal:
---> make a plan
---> tell someome about the plan
---> take at least one step on the plan
- practice behaviors to avoid getting overwhelmed beyond breaking point
- learn to list and believe 6 good things about myself

Personal Goals:
- drop weight to around 145 lbs
- exercise 3 days per week
- read 3 classic novels
- read 3 modern novels
- reduce caffeine intake to <1 per day

Family Goals:
- family time every week
- cleaning day every week
- reading time every weekday
- less yelling (from/at everyone)
- more respect (from/at everyone)

Home Goals:
- run laundry every day
- kids and I do chores every week day
- pay bills on schedule
- keep dining room table clean
- clean/organize/USE scrapbook desk