Saturday, January 26, 2008

Wherever I Go, There I Am

I fear I shall never escape my past. It follows me wherever I go. I will never be able to outrun it, or climb above it, or live it down. It is part of me and I accept that. I just wish it didn't have to taint everything in the present with the sins of the past. I shall never regain the trust of those I hurt; I doubt I will even be able to regain my own trust in myself.

At every turn I make the wrong choice. At every turn, I do the wrong thing. People get hurt because of the choices I've made. I don't mean to and yet still it happens time and again. I find myself back in the same situations, trying to make a better choice, ending up doing the wrong things yet again. Is it any wonder I hate myself and everything I have come to represent? When it comes down to it some things never change. Whether by chance or by choice... I am poison.