Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Shot Twice in the Back of the Head

I love saying it like that. It sounds so dramatic...

I went back to the neurologist today. Got the standard two occipital blocks. That should hold me for a few months. He also gave me a trial sample of a new migraine med, Treximet. As per usual, the shots aggravated an already bad headache into a hideous headache that then became a migraine. So I tried the new med, a bit skeptical. I've tried Imitrex before and unless I caught the headache during the aura and before the pain began, it wasn't effective. On the other hand, I normally take naproxen as my first line. So I gave it a try and I'll be darned if about 45 minutes later, my migraine eased off and about 15 minutes after that it was gone. I still have the tension headache and the pain from the injections but at least the little troll with the ice-pick at my temple went home.

So I asked about a chiropractor and he said to give the blocks a few days and see if that helps. If not,then I can look at other options. Bleh...

No comments: