Friday, January 23, 2009

The God That Is Jensen Ackles - MBV3D


We saw My Bloody Valentine 3D tonight, Hubby and I did. As far as movie content it was extremely predictable. Typical slasher movie complete with standard cliches and only very minor plot twists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPOILERS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The most notable thing about this movie is that he turns out to be the bad guy at the end. In fact, he turns out to be a psychotic bad guy who didn't even know he was the bad guy. And Jensen does such a fabulous job of it!

Now bear in mind that I practically worship this man both as an actor and as a guy. Not only is he so gorgeous that I melt when I watch him, he is a great actor and every evidence I've ever seen or dug up (and I have done a bit of digging) indicates he's just a really great guy.

So... Tom (his character) in this movie isn't Dean. He isn't Jake. He isn't Alec. He is Tom. I was very impressed. There are some familiar facial expressions and body language but the entire air of the character is vastly diffferent from any other character I've seen him play. And I've seen all of them except the brief stint in the Sweet Valley High show (way before my time of cyber-stalking him).

Then came the end, and we saw Tom become Harry and KA-POW! I am now furthe rin love than before. Jensen pulls off this angry, evil, unrepenting, totally senseless, madman murderer with a ferocity that made the screen boil and the hairs on my arm stand up. There was none of his other characters there either - not even Pissed-Off Dean or Murder-Machine Alec.

I think I am going to swoon now. Maybe if I'm lucky I will dream of him......



This is Alec from Dark Angel when he lost his temper. The closest I could find to a different character that is like Tom when he became Harry. And they aren't the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing job!!