Friday, July 4, 2008

Maybe It's a Small World After All

I'm linking to this one because it's worth the extra step to view it in High Quality.

Where the Hell is Matt? (2008)

I saw this video three different places this week. The first time I saw it was less than two hours after I'd had a rather depressing discussion about wars and the state of the world and the conflicting and aggressive side of human nature. The email I got it from said that it brought the sender to the edge of tears. Well, sappy stuff rarely brings me to tears unless it involves little kids so I watched the video with skepticism. And at first I was unimpressed. But the more it went on, the more the scope of it sunk in. And by the end of it, I feel a little better about the world. Maybe it's not all doom and gloom, maybe there is a ray of hope, maybe it's a small world after all...... So check out Matt, check out his website, read the About Matt page and maybe feel a little better about the state of the world...

PS - Happy Birthday, America!

6 comments:

Aqua said...

Hi SV,
Absolutely amazingly beautiful video. The world is small and so many things about it are beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing it. Would you mind if I shared it on my blog too? I would reference that I got it from your site.
Thanks,
...aqua

michelle said...

I wish I had creativity like this in my bones, along with the hutspah to pick up and go and do things like this. I am so glad there are people like this in the world.

The Silent Voices in my Mind said...

Aqua, of course you can share it. I could tell this is one of those clips that has "gone viral" (meaning it is being spread like wildfire by links and forwarding) when I saw it in three different places within the span of a day and half or so. So you don't have to reference it if you don't want, either way.

The Silent Voices in my Mind said...

Michelle,

I've been to your blog and you do have creativity in your bones. We all have our unique set of talents. (His are just a bit MORE unique than most of ours! *grin* )

But yeah, I know what you mean, this is an impressive feat from conception to execution.

Aqua said...

Thanks SV...Of course I will reference your blog. It is always feels nice to refer others to blogs I like.

Anonymous said...

I love this video. First saw it on www.todaysbigthing.com