Tuesday, July 24, 2007

This Could Be the Start of Something New...

I have had blogs before. I had one here with a kind of formal tone. But I said too much. Then I compromised it by allowing the URL to get out and become known to people who had no business reading it. I had to censor it, clean it out and had trouble forcing myself to use it afterwards. So I moved my blog, relaxed it, talked to myself instead of to anyone else. I kept the URL under wraps. But then I screwed up and left it open and the cops saw it and went through it. I haven't been back. It's dirty now. So I decided to skip blogging altogether. After all, posting the stuff that I post out into the infinite world of the Internet isn't exactly secure. But, like writing in general, the desire burns within me to get it out, to thrust it out of my mind and put it out to the world. The chances of my blog being found accidentally are astronomical and yet it isn't locked down so it still feels like putting it out to the world, kind of a confessional spoken to no one at all.

So, I have opened a new one. A clean one. A fresh start. And the phrase that came to mind was "This could be the start of something new" from the movie High School Musical. I don't know how much of the craziness in my head I will be able to put into here. The more I can get out of my head and onto the paper/screen the better I will feel ultimately, I am sure. But it's hard, knowing that the last two were violated and wondering if it will happen again.

All for now...

love from jenn

No comments: