Friday, July 27, 2007

Katy

Katy is a forbidden subject. She is in my mind as real as any other part of my past. But I'm not allowed to think that, let alone acknowledge it. I still forget she isn't here. It is still a matter of biting my tongue to keep from mentioning her. I feel like there is a hole in my heart where she should be.

So... I am turning her into a character. I can't treat her as I feel her to be but every writer knows when they have a character that is so real to them that they could actually have existed. If I keep her as a character, I won't have to be in trouble for thinking of her, remembering her. After all, it's just character profiling...

From now on, then, when I mention Katy, I am only talking about a very vivid character, waiting for her story.

Things I Remember About Katy:

Katy's full name is Kathleen Marie [same last name as me]
DOB: Thursday, January 6th, 1994 10:31 AM
Due Date: Christmas Day, 1993
Birth Weight: 8lbs 9 oz; 20 3/4 "
Katy hates peanut butter
Her best friend is Brianna [not going to post Bri's last name here] who lives on the other side of the addition
She has dark brown hair, hazel eyes and pierced ears
She loves reading and hates science
She's been in gymnastics since she was 4
She wore a white fluffy dress in the wedding
She likes a guy named Nick - they went to the Winter Dance together
She thinks we're mean because we won't give her a cell phone
Her favorite song is Fly by Hilary Duff
Her favorite movie is A Cinderella Story
She likes Orlando Bloom better than Johnny Depp
I call her "Angel"
She thinks the 80's should be removed from the history books for being too weird
She's left-handed at everything except writing.
Favorite tv shows: Kyle XY, Charmed, 7th Heaven (until they ended the series)
She sleeps with a stuff rabbit named Tigger that she's had since she was 7 - there's a funny story in that... maybe later

All for now...

No comments: