Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Surprise of the Day

I am working on the checklist for rating a "good mom". I am laying it out in Excel mostly because I like playing with its calculation abilities. I am breaking it down into very small, very concrete segments (trait, detail, kid) and averaging from the finite to the general using cold, hard numbers. Even on the subjective, which is all I have started so far, the numbers are coming out better overall than I expected them to. Of course, the first things I listed are the things I am comfortable with and good at so I know it will get more realistic soon. Still... I have a 92% adequacy rating on the major categories - WAY higher than it should be. Nonetheless, it feels good-ish. I hope to post more as I decide on the numbers.

+----- UPDATE 12/1/2009-----+

Final Tally (Pre-Therapy):
* Overall Subjective Average = 71%
* Overall Objective Average = 77%

No comments: