Wednesday, August 5, 2009

MAC IS BACK!!

My laptop (affectionately called MAC, an acronym for My Awesome Computer and a play on intent since MAC is a pc) is finally back from the shop!! I am sooo glad to have him back. Even though I had Hubby's laptop to use, I totally prefer my own. Hubby's keyboard is laid out differently that mine and his touch pad is touchy in different places than mine. MAC has complete amnesia and had multiple organs replaced, but HE IS BACK! By this I mean that they had to replace the hard drive (without a current backup or any way to retrieve the contents of the severely dead one) and the DVD drive (both of which I knew were problems) but also had to replace the keyboard (not sure why), and the heat sheet (or something like that) and the DC jack. They also fixed the BIOS and upgraded the firmware. In short, most of MAC's internal parts were switched out.

At least they didn't replace the case - I have my stickers on the lid, most of which I can't replace and many of which have been "personalized" by my Former-Friend's daughter. (That was totally my bad, btw, for leaving MAC where she could reach the stickers - no 2 yr old would know/understand/remember to keep their hands off the "pretties".)

MAC even came home with a couple of new stickers. They are identification stickers but they have "character" and one of them says ADH right under my name. I "personalized" that sticker, adding the last H and a big smiley face. Doing silly, immature things like these stickers lifts my spirits in ways most people don't understand. What can I say? If I don't let "the kids" in my head out to play in little ways, it shows up in less appropriate situations...

At any rate, my happy thought for today is the long-awaited return of my well-loved laptop. LONG LIVE MANUFACTURERS' WARRANTIES!

No comments: