Monday, August 24, 2009

Disney Rocks!

We had quite the busy time down in Florida last week.

Saturday: It took us 14.5 hours to get to Atlanta because of construction traffic but we had two very yummy food stops along the way. When we got there (about midnight) they didn't have any double rooms left. Daddy had guaranteed late arrival though so we had to suffer through what they did have: the presidential suite!!! It is literally the most amazing hotel room I have ever been in. It had two bedrooms with king size beds in each, a full dining room with a table that seats 8 people, a full living room set including a queen size hide a bed, a writing desk that is as big as my dining room table, walk-in closets in both rooms, full bathrooms in both rooms, an astonishing view, super soft sheets....... It was simply jaw-dropping.

Sunday: we headed to Downtown Disney after we arrived and checked in. We weren't connecting rooms but they were adjoining so it wasn't a problem. Disney was booked solid the entire time we were down there due to the meal plan special which meant everything Disney related was also crammed full. Predictably, Mom had a massive panic attack on the bus ride to Downtown Disney. It took about a half hour to calm her down. But then we went to Rainforest Cafe and had super-yummy food. Mom, Daddy and Kid-1 headed back to the room after dinner and Hubby, Kid-2, Kid-3 and Kid-4 and I did some shopping.

Monday: Animal Kingdom! Kid-4 loves the Dino Land rides and I finally got to ride Dinosaur! without him so that I could see it. (Last time he went with us and totally freaked out the entire time.) It was incredibly hot and humid compared to what we are used to and there were very few air conditioned places to relieve us. Got some awesome shots of the tigers though.

Tuesday: Epcot! We started the day off with a huge thunderstorm - quite beautiful actually - which I stood outside during in order to get completely drenched, thereby cooling off a little. Space Mountain is closed, which bites, but we had fun elsewhere. They have a Kim Possible thing going that is a digital scavenger hunt for the kids through one of the countries. It takes about a half hour and they can do as many as they want. The kids did 2 of them, one through Mexico and one through Japan. We saw IllumiNations (fireworks/light show) which was totally wicked. (I videoed it too!)

Wednesday: Hollywood Studios... Strangely enough I would say this was my favorite of the parks this time around. The stunt show was OMG good (yup, videoed it too.) The Rockin Roller Coaster was A W E S O M E !! Wearing the Sea Bands, I didn't get sick from it. It's magnetic so it isn't as shaky-bumpy so I didn't get a headache from it and it's in the dark so I didn't psych myself out on it. Two complete loops and all sorts of twisty-turnies. I loved loved loved it! We also did Tower of Terror. Ick - still don't like that one too much. That day was a lot of fun.

Thursday: Magic Kingdom! By the time we got to MK my feet were positively bruised (visibly - no exaggeration) and I felt like I had glass in my knees. Mom wasn't feeling too well. We split up to ride different things and I enjoyed the roller coaster and the log ride thingie. Both the light parade and the fireworks rained out, which sucked, but we got to do all my super favorites like Small World and Stitch.

Friday: Yeah... the vacation tanked at this point. Not only did we have to go home (WAH!!) Mom got REALLY sick. She had a super high fever, horrible cough, wouldn't eat or drink or anything. Basically speaking we just hauled tail for home.

Saturday: We got home about 8:30. Mom was in really bad shape. Daddy and I took her to the ER. It was far worse than we thought. Her O2 saturation was at 74 (should be 100); her pulse was 160+ (should be < 100); her respirations were 35+ (30 is scary); and her blood pressure was all over the chart. They drugged her up nicely and did a CT. Pneumonia and it's ugly. She is still in the hospital, doing better but a long way from doing good. She's safe. It's just a matter of time and medicine to get her back on her feet but it sure scared Daddy and me something fierce...

1 comment:

Aqua said...

Hi SV,
I am really sorry to hear how sick your Mom is, but WOW your trip sounds amazing. You deserve the presidential suite...gotta love those late arrival guarantees.
...aqua