Saturday, February 16, 2008

"Whatever!" aka WWIII

Enough is enough and I have (finally) had enough. I give up. If Mother wants to be mad, she can do it alone. I'm done with the eggshells and tiptoeing and groveling. I can only go so far before she has to meet me on the way. I don't have to let her hurt me, to let her psych me into hurting myself..

Oops. I guess I ought to put in some backstory here. *cue flashback music*

Okay, a few weeks ago, Baby-Mommy finalized plans for her apartment. They were due to move out the last week of February. Mother cried at the news and cried everytime she thought about it for the next week. Everyone knew it was for the best, it was a necessary step, but Mother still felt abandonned and like Baby-Mommy wouldn't want to be around her if she didn't need her to support her and her daughter.

Now bear in mind that Mother quit taking all her psych meds some months ago. And she has chronic poor-baby syndrome (that is, she is always sick or injured, a manifestation of her mind but real nonetheless). Her current thing is a lack of sleep. She can't get to sleep and she can't stay asleep and as a result she is tired and grumpy and over-sensitive anyways. (More on chronic poor-baby syndrome - and my own affliction with it - later.)

So the weekend following Mother's week of mourning, she goes around slamming things and not speaking to people and stomping and generally being "in a mood". Well, Baby-Mommy has somehow managed to never encounter a prolonged Mom-Mood and tends to be totally clueless about others in general so she had absolutely no clue as to wtf was happening. In speaking to Daddy, her trigger this time was Baby-Mommy's alarm clock. She had her man-du-jour overnight and, as Mother won't allow them in her room, they stayed downstairs. But Baby-Mommy neglected to turn off her alarm clock and it woke up Mother. (Remember she is already suffering horribly from insomnia.) She became infuriated and expressed it by going into a mood - all weekend.

In fact, the mood didn't go away. Tension became tangible, even over the phone. On Tuesday morning, Baby-Mommy called me from her cell phone first thing. She had an epiphany about her man-du-jour and wanted my opinion. We talked for 10 or 15 minutes then hung up.

This story is nowhere near complete. And it is important. But life keeps rushing by and other things keep happening. So I am going to move on and come back to this if and when I get a chance.