Wednesday, May 27, 2009

AFK or MIA?

I've been gone from here for a long time. Officially my last post was on April 1st. I started a few posts since them but couldn't muster the energy to finish them. I think I needed some time away from here to recharge my batteries and remind myself why I blog in the first place. I blog to make sense of my world. Sometimes it's easy to get lost in blogging because people expect you to. It's now been almost 2 months since I put anything up and I stopped commenting in my regular haunts as well. In fact, I even stopped creative writing and all but bare minimum group participation. In effect, I went from AFK to MIA.

First let me say to any former readers who still check here, I hope I didn't upset you or let you down. I am still alive and kicking and, relatively speaking, alright. The anniversary of my own personal hell came and went and I have thus far survived, even without a hospital visit.

I have taken up painting, something entirely new to me, and although I royally suck at it, I am REALLY enjoying expressing myself in this manner. I plan on posting pictures of some of my paintings. Tremendous thanks to my Guardian Angel for his support emotionally and materially in this new endeavor.

I have also discovered the addictive world of Twitter. I adore the flow of information from the vastly diverse sources all in a compact form on one page and/or texted to my phone. It is so much more than random updates about trivial things going on although there are plenty of those too. (Being the emotional voyeur that I am, I enjoy those kinds updates as much as the news links.) I am myself over there, not anonymous like here, so I am not going put up one of those cool bird logos that say FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! If anyone really wants to follow me, leave me a comment and I will get back with you.

I hope this is the beginning of my return to the writing world. On D-Day itself (the aforementioned anniversary), I began a story which has the potential to be cathartic and liberating. I love the title I have chosen for it: "Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe" - I saw it on a t-shirt over at CafePress. (If you ever want to waste a whole bunch of time, do a topic search over there and just flip through an infinite number of pages of designs. My favorite: http://shop.cafepress.com/crazy-funny They may offend some people but I am all for making fun of myself (including my sanity) as often as possible!

So, in the spirit of "more to come", I am running off now to Kid-3's baseball game. I will try to post pictures tonight...

No comments: